Are you a bargain hunter? It’s one thing to snag discounted toys and books at a garage sale, but it’s a completely different matter to save hundreds of dollars on barely-used model home furniture. If you live in the Martinsburg or Hagerstown, MD area, you are in for a treat this weekend.
Join us at our North Ridge model home, located in Hedgesville, WV, to kick off our community yard sale this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Start off at our decorated Pembrooke home, and help yourself to refreshments and bargain-priced furniture that was once used in our previous model home. Read More→
Deerfield may be one of the newest communities in the Shippensburg, PA area, but it is also one of the fastest selling. The community featuring single family ranch and two-story homes from the $160,000s sits at the base of the mountains and offers homeowners sweeping views in addition to an ultra-convenient location close to Shippensburg University and I-81.
Those who have been searching for a home in the area are in for a treat. Just this week, new home sites were released in this coveted neighborhood and even include deep corner lots with large backyards for the best of outdoor living spaces. To make things even sweeter, those who purchase sooner rather than later can take advantage of a limited time opportunity to save 50 percent on all options up to $25,000 for a maximum discount of $12,500. Read More→
If you already live in Washington County, PA, you know the secret that your fellow metro neighbors may not. Washington County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation in terms of job growth and offers an unemployment rate of just 4.9 percent, which is far lower than the national average. In fact, according to Sperling’s Best Places (bestplaces.net), the county’s job growth is forecast to grow at a whopping 38 percent!
On the plus side, more job growth means additional area amenities, schools and recreational opportunities. On the down side, those who don’t purchase a home in the near future may face almost certain price increases over the long term and could miss out on an incredible opportunity to own a home in the area at rock bottom pricing. Read More→
It’s hard to believe that in just a couple weeks another school year begins, and the lazy days of summer are gone. For some of you, school may have already started, so there’s no time like the present to get started on a home organization project.
Anyone with school-age children can relate to the mountains of paperwork that comes home on a daily basis. Without a system to manage homework, activities and clutter, your home can quickly get out of control. Here are some tips to keep the clutter from taking over.
1. Create a landing zone for your children. It could be as simple as hooks for their backpacks and as elaborate as an organization armoire to hold sports equipment, shoes and coats. Depending on how much space there is in your home, your sanity will depend on keeping these items off of the floor.
2. Create an organizational hub. It could be in your kitchen, a wall of your pantry or even in a hallway, but consider this the dumping grounds for all things unsightly. It should contain the following items, all of which can be found for a great price at Ikea or Target. Read More→
Those who have been holding out for the home of their dreams in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh are in for a treat next week. On Wednesday, August 13 from 5 to 7 p.m., we will be holding our official VIP Preview Party in anticipation of the grand opening of our brand new Kingsridge community, located in Mars, PA.
Kingsridge is a private enclave of 10 half-acre home sites located in the award-winning Mars Area School District. Not only does the community feature large, level backyards perfect for outdoor entertaining, it also offers a prized location just minutes from Route 228 and the area’s premiere shopping and dining destinations. Read More→
Notoriously warm temperatures and sunny weather make summer the perfect season to host an outdoor gathering. From barbeque cookouts to birthday parties, it is prime time to take advantage of the season as a hostess.
Below we have compiled a list of fun, elegant ideas for your next outdoor party from Better Homes and Gardens!
Serve small bites. Serve a variety of sweet and savory small bites to give guests a variety of options that are simple to eat. Their small size makes them easy to transport, so only take out what you need, and replenish as you need more!
Make picnic-inspired invitations. Get crafty and weave paper together to create an invitation with the look of a woven picnic basket. If you’re in a rush, simply buy tartan or checkered scrapbook paper for a similar look. Read More→
If you’re looking for a new home in Hedgesville, WV, then our North Ridge community is the perfect fit! In addition to single-family homes starting at $241,900, the community offers tons of inclusions that others in the Martinsburg area just don’t have.
Our innovative Aspen, Brandywine, Laurel, Pembrooke and Hawthorne floor plans boast three to five bedrooms, two to four-and-a-half baths, 1,800 to 3,900 square feet and up to three acres of land. Homes include upgraded appliances, nine-foot ceilings, upgraded Lennox HVACs, 30-year dimensional shingles, EnergyStar Ultra Low-E Glass windows, MERV 10 Air Filtration systems and so much more! Read More→
Are you in town for Arts Fest? Then you’re in luck! Those of you making frequent weekend trips to Penn State for the area’s world-class events like the Arts Fest and, of course, Penn State Football, have to be tired of paying ridiculous rates at area hotels and bumming on your friend’s couches.
This Sunday, visit our Village at Canterbury Open House, being held from noon to 4 p.m., and learn more about an option you may have never considered before. Whether you live out of town and seek a second home or are considering a retirement to Happy Valley, there are few places that rival this innovative new community. Read More→
It’s the day before one of America’s most relaxing and fun-filled days of the year, Independence Day. And this year, the Fourth of July is even more special because it’s part of a three-day weekend meaning families and friends can travel to get together and enjoy a special weekend full of festivities.
Here are our top picks for this weekend’s festivities:
1. Central PA 4th Fest – Want to run a 4k? Listen to live music? Maybe a hot air balloon ride, or do you just want to watch one of the longest and largest fireworks displays in the nation? You can do all these things and much more at the Central PA 4th Fest in State College.
2. Gettysburg 150th Anniversary – Could there possibly be a more historic place to celebrate our nation’s independence than Gettysburg? Enjoy a special Fourth of July this weekend, and treat yourself to more than just fireworks. Events include a full civil war re-enactment and special events on the movie set for the Gettysburg movie, now celebrating its 20th anniversary. Read More→
Finding a home away from home for your summer travels doesn’t have to be nearly as expensive as you think. For those of you thinking you may have already missed out on the travel boat, you’re in luck. When it comes to booking summer travel, what procrastinators miss out on in terms of vacation home availability they often make up for with discounts and last minute deals.
As panic sets in for those left with unrented weeks, vacation homeowners often slash prices at the last minute meaning last minute travelers can save 50 percent off or even more on fully furnished vacation homes throughout the US. Where do you find the deals? Here, we rank the best sites out there for vacation home rentals (and hotels).
1. VRBO – This site is perhaps the most extensive of any, offering more than half a million properties to choose from worldwide. Despite the overwhelming amount of listings, users can quickly use filters to narrow down properties based upon price, beds, baths and dates available. Look for the red “special deal” bar to find advertised discounts. Users can quickly hone in on the best properties by relying on user reviews. Read More→