Archive for York Metro
It’s hard to believe that in just a couple weeks another school year begins, and the lazy days of summer are gone. For some of you, school may have already started, so there’s no time like the present to get started on a home organization project.
Anyone with school-age children can relate to the mountains of paperwork that comes home on a daily basis. Without a system to manage homework, activities and clutter, your home can quickly get out of control. Here are some tips to keep the clutter from taking over.
1. Create a landing zone for your children. It could be as simple as hooks for their backpacks and as elaborate as an organization armoire to hold sports equipment, shoes and coats. Depending on how much space there is in your home, your sanity will depend on keeping these items off of the floor.
2. Create an organizational hub. It could be in your kitchen, a wall of your pantry or even in a hallway, but consider this the dumping grounds for all things unsightly. It should contain the following items, all of which can be found for a great price at Ikea or Target. Read More→
Notoriously warm temperatures and sunny weather make summer the perfect season to host an outdoor gathering. From barbeque cookouts to birthday parties, it is prime time to take advantage of the season as a hostess.
Below we have compiled a list of fun, elegant ideas for your next outdoor party from Better Homes and Gardens!
Serve small bites. Serve a variety of sweet and savory small bites to give guests a variety of options that are simple to eat. Their small size makes them easy to transport, so only take out what you need, and replenish as you need more!
Make picnic-inspired invitations. Get crafty and weave paper together to create an invitation with the look of a woven picnic basket. If you’re in a rush, simply buy tartan or checkered scrapbook paper for a similar look. Read More→
After much hard work and planning, we are pleased to announce that our New Homes Media Gallery is up and running! After months of developing this addition to our website, we are excited to now have it available for our buyers’ use. The gallery will take the home buying process to a new, fully interactive level, featuring high resolution photos, stunning videos and virtual tours.
The New Homes Media Gallery allows users to be as specific or general as they want in regards to the content they see. Users can select to see photos of our various “Signature Series” and Quick Delivery homes, where they will get a virtual photographic tour of the homes that highlights all their features. Galleries of our beautifully designed Model Homes are available as well. Read More→
You may have heard that we just released our brand new S&A Signature Series floor plans last week. What exactly are the signature series plans all about, where are they offered and what makes them so special? In this post and in a series of others, we are going to explore each of the plans, their included features and what classifies them as signature series homes.
Ranging in size from 2,700 square feet up to 5,000 square feet, our Signature Series collection embodies what today’s buyers are looking for and allows even the most discerning home purchaser to build a home without the need to add a number of upgrades to get what they are looking for. The plans feature 17 inclusions that are not normally offered in our standard package, such as granite countertops, upgraded cabinetry, open oak tread staircases, partial stone exteriors and much more. Read More→
No, we’re not talking about basketball. We are excited to announce that during March we are partnering with Century Kitchens, an award-winning, Pennsylvania-based cabinet maker, to offer our purchasers 50 percent off cabinet upgrades in bathrooms and kitchens.
If you’ve seen the latest trends on Houzz, Pinterest or blogs, then you know that full overlay cabinetry in a variety of colors and finishes are the IN thing right now. Looking at those modern flat front cabinets with stainless steel drawer pulls? We can do that. How about two tone cabinetry with dark wood on the center-island and white cabinets on the perimeter of the kitchen? We can do that too. Even distressed finishes in colors like black and gray are available. Read More→
It’s hard to believe that the temps will ever warm up in our region, but spring is around the corner. With it, home sales will heat up too. If you are considering listing your home, there are some easy steps you can take to increase your resale value quickly and easily.
1. Purchase Smart Technology Solutions for Your Home
From remote control lighting to security cameras to in-wall docking stations for your phone, there are several options to choose from nowadays and the marketplace is changing rapidly. Imagine programming everything from your coffee pot to your HVAC to do everything you want at the press of a button. Home technology solutions start as low as $100 and average around $300 to $1,000 which is a small investment for a lot of wow factor. Read More→
With our quick delivery homes, you can move-in to your new home sooner than you think! From single-family homes to townhomes, we have the perfect option for you and your family. Plus, most are built and ready now. This means that you can move-in as soon as you close!
In the Pittsburgh area alone, S&A Homes has almost 20 quick delivery homes. Here are highlights of just a few:
• Ridgley B. Located at 1029 Autumn Woods Drive in our Autumn Woods community, this professionally designed home is priced at $449,900 with 2,869 square feet, four beds, two-and-a-half baths and a three car side-entry garage. The home includes a four-foot family room extension, nine-foot ceilings on the first floor, gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, spacious family room with stone fireplace, hardwood flooring and an owner’s suite with luxurious private bath. Read More→
It’s already two weeks into 2014, and everyone at S&A Homes is talking about accomplishing or breaking their New Year’s resolutions. If you haven’t chosen one yet, how about focusing on your home this year?
If you want to make improvements to your home, here are some resolutions to choose from:
1. Make sure your home is safe. Now is the time to finally put in that home security system, install toddler locks and safety gates or replace those batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms. Start the New Year out safe!
2. De-clutter. Overwhelmed with all the new things you and your family received during the holidays? Then, it’s time to de-clutter. Get rid of things you don’t use by donating them and find places for the new. Read More→
As this short week draws to end, families from everywhere will unite for what should be the happiest time of the year. Here at S&A Homes, we simply want to use this time at the end of the year to thank our fellow team members, our vendors and, most importantly, our customers for a successful 2013 year.
2013 was an important year for our company thanks to our continual commitment to building high-quality, energy efficient floor plans without sacrificing our customer-focused attitude.
Here is a look back at a few of the year’s highlights:
• S&A earns a 98 percent Customer Referral Rating, one of the highest in the entire home building industry.
• Chris Schoonmaker, president of S&A’s housing division, is awarded “Builder of the Year” from the Pennsylvania Builder’s Association, one of the most prestigious awards that can be earned. Read More→
How much do you love holiday decorating? This is the time of year to go all out and put your decorating skills on display for friends, family and neighbors. Whether you focus on a glitzy tree, a Griswold-inspired front yard or some simple holiday accessories, we want to see how you decorate for the holiday season!
That’s why we created the S&A Home for the Holidays contest. Now through December 26th, we want to see pictures of your home decorated for the holidays! On December 27th, we will announce the winner, who will receive a $100 gift card simply for posting a photo or two.
There are just three easy steps! Read More→