Archive for York Metro
No, we’re not talking about basketball. We are excited to announce that during March we are partnering with Century Kitchens, an award-winning, Pennsylvania-based cabinet maker, to offer our purchasers 50 percent off cabinet upgrades in bathrooms and kitchens.
If you’ve seen the latest trends on Houzz, Pinterest or blogs, then you know that full overlay cabinetry in a variety of colors and finishes are the IN thing right now. Looking at those modern flat front cabinets with stainless steel drawer pulls? We can do that. How about two tone cabinetry with dark wood on the center-island and white cabinets on the perimeter of the kitchen? We can do that too. Even distressed finishes in colors like black and gray are available. Read More→
It’s hard to believe that the temps will ever warm up in our region, but spring is around the corner. With it, home sales will heat up too. If you are considering listing your home, there are some easy steps you can take to increase your resale value quickly and easily.
1. Purchase Smart Technology Solutions for Your Home
From remote control lighting to security cameras to in-wall docking stations for your phone, there are several options to choose from nowadays and the marketplace is changing rapidly. Imagine programming everything from your coffee pot to your HVAC to do everything you want at the press of a button. Home technology solutions start as low as $100 and average around $300 to $1,000 which is a small investment for a lot of wow factor. Read More→
With our quick delivery homes, you can move-in to your new home sooner than you think! From single-family homes to townhomes, we have the perfect option for you and your family. Plus, most are built and ready now. This means that you can move-in as soon as you close!
In the Pittsburgh area alone, S&A Homes has almost 20 quick delivery homes. Here are highlights of just a few:
• Ridgley B. Located at 1029 Autumn Woods Drive in our Autumn Woods community, this professionally designed home is priced at $449,900 with 2,869 square feet, four beds, two-and-a-half baths and a three car side-entry garage. The home includes a four-foot family room extension, nine-foot ceilings on the first floor, gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, spacious family room with stone fireplace, hardwood flooring and an owner’s suite with luxurious private bath. Read More→
It’s already two weeks into 2014, and everyone at S&A Homes is talking about accomplishing or breaking their New Year’s resolutions. If you haven’t chosen one yet, how about focusing on your home this year?
If you want to make improvements to your home, here are some resolutions to choose from:
1. Make sure your home is safe. Now is the time to finally put in that home security system, install toddler locks and safety gates or replace those batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms. Start the New Year out safe!
2. De-clutter. Overwhelmed with all the new things you and your family received during the holidays? Then, it’s time to de-clutter. Get rid of things you don’t use by donating them and find places for the new. Read More→
As this short week draws to end, families from everywhere will unite for what should be the happiest time of the year. Here at S&A Homes, we simply want to use this time at the end of the year to thank our fellow team members, our vendors and, most importantly, our customers for a successful 2013 year.
2013 was an important year for our company thanks to our continual commitment to building high-quality, energy efficient floor plans without sacrificing our customer-focused attitude.
Here is a look back at a few of the year’s highlights:
• S&A earns a 98 percent Customer Referral Rating, one of the highest in the entire home building industry.
• Chris Schoonmaker, president of S&A’s housing division, is awarded “Builder of the Year” from the Pennsylvania Builder’s Association, one of the most prestigious awards that can be earned. Read More→
How much do you love holiday decorating? This is the time of year to go all out and put your decorating skills on display for friends, family and neighbors. Whether you focus on a glitzy tree, a Griswold-inspired front yard or some simple holiday accessories, we want to see how you decorate for the holiday season!
That’s why we created the S&A Home for the Holidays contest. Now through December 26th, we want to see pictures of your home decorated for the holidays! On December 27th, we will announce the winner, who will receive a $100 gift card simply for posting a photo or two.
There are just three easy steps! Read More→
Looking for a better way to get cozy now that the cold and crisp weather is settling in for the weekend? How about with a FREE fireplace? At S&A Homes, for a limited time, we invite you to take advantage of our exclusive offer.
In most of our communities, purchase a to-be-built home between November 1 and November 30, 2013 and receive a FREE fireplace in your new home! One of our most popular features, a fireplace offers more than comfort on a cold day. Read More→
Once you’ve handed out the last of the candy tonight, treated yourself to Charlie Brown’s Halloween Special and collapsed with exhaustion after tucking the little ones in, the inevitable reality will sink in that the holiday season is upon you (and us).
We want to know – is a new home on your holiday wish list this year? If so, what do you want in that brand new home? If you aren’t sure, here is a list of top five buying trends for 2013 according to Zillow:
1. Man Caves & Smart Homes
2. Custom Designed Closet Systems
3. Home Offices
4. Hardwood Flooring
5. Urban Homes with Amenities Read More→
Halloween is just 16 days away! If you have little ones, that fun day comes with a lot of responsibility. Here are a few tips from S&A Homes to help make your Halloween fun and safe!
• Take pictures on a different day (i.e. the week before). Many local photographers offer mini sessions for kiddos in their Halloween costumes. With portrait sessions starting as low as $15, we say that is a great investment! Let the photographer worry about capturing those cute little smiles, so you can enjoy the evening without the stress of capturing that perfect picture!
• Write your child’s name, address and phone number on the inside of their costume if they are young. Figuring out how to find your child AFTER you get separated is not the time to think about taking precautions.
• Put reflective material on your child’s costume, especially if it’s made of darker material to ensure cars can see your little trick-or-treater! Read More→
Did you know that this Saturday, September 28 is Good Neighbor Day? That’s right! Okay, it may be a bit obscure and there probably aren’t many of us that have even heard of Good Neighbor Day, but you are now in the know. Just like Grandparents’ Day, this is one holiday that is quickly gaining in popularity.
A small gesture this Saturday could go a long way in the friend department and will certainly come in handy next time your run out of eggs. Read More→