Pittsburgh New Homes Among Top 5 Housing Markets in USABy
Buyers looking for Pittsburgh new homes know the power of Zillow. It houses (pardon the pun) all pricing data for listings, pending sales and sold homes throughout the nation, and is one of the most powerful websites out there to help buyers sort through homes and get a feel of what price is right for their next new home.
Zillow also crunches the numbers on all of that data to see which housing markets are faring well and what others need a little TLC. So the numbers are out this year and Pittsburgh, once again, makes the list for one of the top 5 housing markets with the best home price increases during 2011. This is no small feat, considering the nation’s housing prices are down 4.1% overall as a whole.
So, what are the top 5 housing markets experiencing price growth?
- Fort Myers, Fla., with a 5.1% increase and an average home value of $124,500
- Bay City, Mich., with a 4.6% increase and an average home value of $80,700
- Pittsburgh, Pa., with a 3.2% increase and an average home value of $110,700
- Destin, Fla., with a 2.9% increase and an average home value of $158,300
- Ann Arbor, Mich., with a 1.8% increase and an average home value of $169,800
Pittsburghers already know what the rest of the nation may not – Pittsburgh is one of the few cities out there that offers a small town feel with big city shopping and amenities at an affordable price point. Add steady job growth to the mix, and it truly features an optimal mix for home buyers today. To find out more about new homes in Pittsburgh, PA please visit us on the web.